- About the Book
About Scoliosis Surgery: The Definitive Patient's Reference
"This book should be required reading for patients, particularly adults, who are contemplating scoliosis surgery." — Michael O. LaGrone, M.D.
If you or a loved one are facing the possibility of scoliosis surgery, you need to read Scoliosis Surgery: The Definitive Patient's Reference. Written in plain English by someone who has been through it, this book explains everything you need to know about:
- What is involved in scoliosis surgery
- How to decide whether surgery is the right course of action
- What the surgical options are
- What alternatives to surgery exist, and
- How to prepare for surgery and the lengthy recovery process
Through detailed explanations of complex medical terminology and informative illustrations, this book will provide you with a solid understanding of scoliosis surgery, enabling you to better understand what your surgeon tells you and to empower you to ask more meaningful questions.
"Well-written and full of practical advice, this is a complete source of patient information. Patients will find it invaluable in preparing for their scoliosis surgery." — Kurt W. Von Rueden, M.D.
The book tells you what to expect every step of the way, from initially planning to have surgery to your recovery. It drills-in to topics not commonly addressed in detail, such as:
- How to receive and interpret a second opinion
- How to save money on your surgery
- Things you should do before surgery to help ensure a better outcome
- What you need to know about pain medications
- Steps you should take to prepare your home for an easier recovery
- and much more...
"Refreshingly informative, objective, and current." — Kevin C. Booth, M.D.
Buy the Book from Amazon.com